Accedi per seguire   
Seguaci 0
ZipGenius

Zipgenius 6.2 Coming This Week. Really!

4 messaggi in questa discussione

I have to apologize for the sudden delay to ZipGenius 6.2 release.

As you may imagine, it was caused by Windows 7 official availability, which made some bugs to pop-up just minutes before the release of our software.

Some of these bugs were serious and we had to remove them. Also, we had to put a newer check routine for operating system version, in order to show the default blue theme of ZipGenius, the one you normally see under Windows XP ad Vista.

Also, the file associations you associate while installing ZipGenius or during its usage, weren't shown in the Options dialog, due to the different way of storing file types and associations in Windows Registry under Windows 7, Vista and XP (XP allows to store them in HKEY_CURRENT_USER branch, while Vista and 7 requires admin privileges to do that).

We also put a better registry check routine for default settings: if ZipGenius doesn't find a setting under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, then it goes up to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to check what was stored while installing the software.

So what is missing to complete the release?

1. Cosmetic retouches: we updated the usrlgo.bmp file for ZG zip signatures with the ZipGenius current logo (aka "The Green Globe");
  2. one bugfix in the new "search for update" routine: it popped out while typing this post!
  3. New icons for new links that will be created by the new setup (and by the update pack);
  4. final test under Windows 7.

Point #1 is done.

We are working hard to execute the other three points.

In the meanwhile, we will work to offer a new default theme for Windows 7, including a new skin for toolbar and sidebar. This, also, made me think about a new and easier way to create and apply toolbar skins in ZipGenius 7, where transparent PNG icons are used in the main toolbar...

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Oh!!! Good news for me (and for my PC! :P )!

I'm going to wait this week to install the new versione of ZipGenius 6.2! I really can't wait!! :P

:)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

PSSSSST.... it supports AeroPeek, now :)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Accedi per seguire   
Seguaci 0