Accedi per seguire   
Seguaci 0
ZipGenius

Cutter for Windows Phone/Mobile has been canceled

3 messaggi in questa discussione

We were waiting the Microsoft press conference that showed the brand new Windows Phone operating system, but we are extremely disappointed due to the many lacking features of the new OS.

The most important missing feature is the non-explorable file system. This is a complete steering from what Windows Mobile used to be and it leads us to a rough decision: Cutter Mobile development for Windows Mobile/Phone has been officially canceled.

We will finalize Cutter Mobile for Android next month and we will start porting ZipGenius to Android, too.

Also, we are analyzing the iPhone/iPad development and we are really considering to start developing for iOS.

di
di

zgnews?d=yIl2AUoC8zA zgnews?i=ZEeca-Gpjgc:Apy0NNNpjEM:-BTjWOF_DHI zgnews?d=dnMXMwOfBR0 zgnews?i=ZEeca-Gpjgc:Apy0NNNpjEM:F7zBnMyn0Lo zgnews?d=7Q72WNTAKBA zgnews?i=ZEeca-Gpjgc:Apy0NNNpjEM:V_sGLiPBpWU zgnews?d=qj6IDK7rITs zgnews?d=l6gmwiTKsz0 zgnews?i=ZEeca-Gpjgc:Apy0NNNpjEM:gIN9vFwOqvQ
ZEeca-Gpjgc

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Strange... something like a step Back to Newton OS, where the filesystem cannot be barely browsed.

This means another layer between files and users, but should be not so bad thing...

AFAIK, there were only Windows Mobile which needed a really good System Browser for finding parts of software or user files.

Palm dindn't need it, as far as iOS/iPhone OS, or even Psion...

And now, just like Vista and Win7, file system look a bit farther than WinXP/Win2k.

Just like MacOSX?

Sorry for my little OT.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Windows Phone 7 devices are conceived to act more like a client of a giant Cloud computing network than a personal device. When you shot a photo, the is not stored locally but it goes over the Internet in your Windows Live account: this means that when you need to browse your pictures, the device needs to connect again to download thumbnails and the pictures you want to see fullscreen.

I think that WP7 devices will offer their best perfermonaces when connected to Wi-Fi: on UMTS they could get too expensive (in Italy, at least).

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Accedi per seguire   
Seguaci 0