Accedi per seguire   
Seguaci 0
ZipGenius

We're going the open source way!

1 messaggio in questa discussione

I often get mail messages asking if ZipGenius "is really free" or if it "needs to be registered". The answer is always the same: ZipGenius is free for everybody. Sometimes, I also get messages asking if "is ZipGenius open source?" and I usually answer "no".

Well... no more. We are happy to announce that we are going to open ZipGenius source code. This move depends from another big change happening right now: we are changing the ZIP engine. After almost 10 years with ZipForge (from ComponentAce) we are switching to the compression features offered by the JCL Libraries for Delphi. This will bring many advantages:

• The JCL/JVCL libraries are open source and updated daily;
  • they are always up to date with new features;
  • they are Unicode compliant;
  • they allows us to remove more old code from ZipGenius.
The last point is very interesting because we are compacting the existing source code and we are deleting redundant routines that we were forced to write in order to afford the presence of several engine components for several file types.

We are not announcing where we will release the code (but you can easily imagine what is a good forge for open source projects). We will announce the official release of the open source code when we will optimize every detail.

di
di

zgnews?d=yIl2AUoC8zA zgnews?i=ZGtTWZIrI-M:kLeUPTsphWc:-BTjWOF_DHI zgnews?d=dnMXMwOfBR0 zgnews?i=ZGtTWZIrI-M:kLeUPTsphWc:F7zBnMyn0Lo zgnews?d=7Q72WNTAKBA zgnews?i=ZGtTWZIrI-M:kLeUPTsphWc:V_sGLiPBpWU zgnews?d=qj6IDK7rITs zgnews?d=l6gmwiTKsz0 zgnews?i=ZGtTWZIrI-M:kLeUPTsphWc:gIN9vFwOqvQ
ZGtTWZIrI-M

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Accedi per seguire   
Seguaci 0