Accedi per seguire   
Seguaci 0
ZipGenius

Why are we spending so much time on ZG 6.4?

1 messaggio in questa discussione

I know that most of ZG-addicted users are eagerly waiting for the new release, but I have to calm they down. We need to spend more time in the development stage, now. That happens because what's started as a common minor update, slowly transformed into a major release and this has forced us to modify a lot of code.

As I wrote in early updates, we're adding support to more file types, we are moving away from the ZipForge component for Delphi because we are implementing the compression features of the JCL Code Library and we are opening our source.

All these issues are tightly connected each other and all happens because we are actively cooperating with the Delphi Jedi project in order to improve the already good performances of the JclCompression library.

As you may read already, we backported the codebase of ZipGenius 7 to ensure Unicode compatibility for ZipGenius 6. Someone may think that this action is useless and pointless: false, this is absolutely useful! In fact, while we are working to develop a major release for ZG 6.4, the truth is that we are working on ZG7 core features. ZipGenius 7 now is really closer than ever!

When we will complete the development of ZG 6.4, we will have built the 80/90% of ZG7 core; then we will export that code back to ZG7 and we will just have to work on the UI and on the additional features.

I could bet that January 2011 will be the time to release the first public beta of ZG 7.

di
di

zgnews?d=yIl2AUoC8zA zgnews?i=IZAgs9rYVk8:_Z4FA9RObZE:-BTjWOF_DHI zgnews?d=dnMXMwOfBR0 zgnews?i=IZAgs9rYVk8:_Z4FA9RObZE:F7zBnMyn0Lo zgnews?d=7Q72WNTAKBA zgnews?i=IZAgs9rYVk8:_Z4FA9RObZE:V_sGLiPBpWU zgnews?d=qj6IDK7rITs zgnews?d=l6gmwiTKsz0 zgnews?i=IZAgs9rYVk8:_Z4FA9RObZE:gIN9vFwOqvQ
IZAgs9rYVk8

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Accedi per seguire   
Seguaci 0