Accedi per seguire   
Seguaci 0
ZipGenius

ZipGenius 6.3.1.2640 coming up today!

1 messaggio in questa discussione

We're not disappeared :)

We were just too busy to reply to e-mails, twitter DMs, Facebook requests and so on. Why? Because we were focusing on removing those nasty bugs which popped up in the lastest 2617 build. We got all your e-mail and twitter/facebook messages and we noted down every reported you filed.

Also, as many of you have seen, we pulled off the build 2617 and actually you can't download it, unless you get it from other sources. We did it in order to stop people from downloading a clearly bugged release; when we did that, we also discussed about restoring build 2590 online but in the end we chose to stop ZipGenius downloads only.

Now it is ready and thoroughly tested: most of the crashes you were getting all where caused by some faulty code in context menu DLL, both 32 and 64 bit versions. The faulty code was not able to get the correct path to Windows TEMP directory that is the location where ZipGenius puts a subfolder labeled "ZGTemp", which holds all the temporary files that the program must write to perform almost all task. When the wrong path was in use and user was an administrator of the system, the program used to work without errors and crashes; on the contrary, when a "limited" user of the system tried to perform actions from the context menu, the wrong TEMP path caused many crashes and lock-ups because the program was trying to write and modify files in a location where it wasn't allowed to do that. The same stuff was happening also in 64-bit version of the DLL, plus there was some other faulty code: if the program was in use in a limited user account, it was not able to get the path to the language file selected upon setup by system admin and the DLL was stuck in a loop that involved some reading from Windows registry. Also: the 64 bit version of contmenu.dll was not writing the ZGTemp subfolder in case it was still missing in the Windows TEMP path. This bad behaviour was causing Windows Explorer crashes, unless the ZGTemp was created before by normal ZipGenius application.

Beside all these issues, the context menu was not able to menu items captions under given circumstances, so we modified the whole code that should load those strings.

Stay tuned: we will upload the setup files this afternoon :) 

di
di

zgnews?d=yIl2AUoC8zA zgnews?i=OlaZp7WKbD0:5uuWDM0swlM:-BTjWOF_DHI zgnews?d=dnMXMwOfBR0 zgnews?i=OlaZp7WKbD0:5uuWDM0swlM:F7zBnMyn0Lo zgnews?d=7Q72WNTAKBA zgnews?i=OlaZp7WKbD0:5uuWDM0swlM:V_sGLiPBpWU zgnews?d=qj6IDK7rITs zgnews?d=l6gmwiTKsz0 zgnews?i=OlaZp7WKbD0:5uuWDM0swlM:gIN9vFwOqvQ
OlaZp7WKbD0

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Accedi per seguire   
Seguaci 0