Accedi per seguire   
Seguaci 0
ZipGenius

#ZipGenius 7 - preview issue n.5

1 messaggio in questa discussione

Please welcome the Compact Mode!

We are living the days of small notebooks (aka sub-notebooks) and netbooks and soon we will see the first Windows-based tablet devices (maybe with Windows 8 on board?): they all have "small screen sizes" so it would be nice if ZipGenius could offer a very minimalistic user interface in order to waste as less space as it can.

Well... We did it already: ZipGenius 7 will have an alternative layout currently labeled as "Compact Mode" (not final name). The ZG user will have the chance to toggle this layout where the menu bar, the main toolbar, the "info bar" and the status bar will hide and the whole ZG window will be filled with the tabbed environment we have designed.

However, a small toolbar will appear inside each tab - it's really small and doesn't need much more real estate - and it will offer the basic actions: open archive, new archive, add files, extract files. All other features will be still available through the popup menu associated to the file list and you will get all the powerful features of ZipGenius also in "compact mode".

And we're not stopping here: we are conceiving a "finger friendly layout" that could be useful on touchscreen devices of the modern age - no, we're not talking about Android: we are conceiving an #Android version of ZipGenius, but we also are conceiving a finger-friendly layout for the upcoming Windows-based tablets :)

di
di

zgnews?d=yIl2AUoC8zA zgnews?i=PnPU9ioQzk4:mMFUggZonew:-BTjWOF_DHI zgnews?d=dnMXMwOfBR0 zgnews?i=PnPU9ioQzk4:mMFUggZonew:F7zBnMyn0Lo zgnews?d=7Q72WNTAKBA zgnews?i=PnPU9ioQzk4:mMFUggZonew:V_sGLiPBpWU zgnews?d=qj6IDK7rITs zgnews?d=l6gmwiTKsz0 zgnews?i=PnPU9ioQzk4:mMFUggZonew:gIN9vFwOqvQ
PnPU9ioQzk4

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Accedi per seguire   
Seguaci 0