Accedi per seguire   
Seguaci 0
ZipGenius

We're not out of business ;)

1 messaggio in questa discussione

We got a lot of e-mail messages asking why we aren't updating ZipGenius as promised some month ago and some user was worried about the fate of Wininizio.it Software.

Don't worry! We're not out of business: we are just too busy with a lot of projects of any kind.

In fact, we are actively developing the mobile application for Wininizio.it website on Android. This is a really time-consuming task because we have to study a lot of the Android SDK, Java and Android GUI guidelines. The "Wininizio.it" mobile application will allow users to connect through their Wininizio.it accounts to the message board, to news, topics and blogs posts; they will alos receive notifications about the availability of newly added news, topics, blog posts or if some favorite topic got updated with new messages in the board.

This is not meaning that we have abandoned ZipGenius: we just lowered its priority in our development process (too few heads and hands ;) ) in order to spin out the Wininizio.it Android App as soon as we can. Moreover, the Android development we are conducting is opening a new road for the ZipGenius project: we dreamed it and now we are able to create it. It is ZipGenius for Android. We will start developing it around september or october 2011. Why we WANT to port ZipGenius to Android? That's quite simple: there are a lot of devices out there already running Android up to Gingerbread version 2.3.x. Those are all almost smartphone and just some small tablet. However there is a batch of powerful and truly new devices going to hit the market and most of them are tablets with Honeycomb 3.x. We think that Android-powered tablets are going to conquer a large user base, the same base that currently is using a Windows-powered netbook. This people is always looking for some powerful device, while being extremely light, portable and always connected to the net, and the answer will be (almost for sure) the next-gen of Android tablets. So, why don't we port our beloved utility to this new environment? The conditions are the exactly the same as in 1997, when ZipGenius for Windows was conceived and created. The Android Market already has some zip utility of file managers with compression features but none of them as the "ZipGenius touch" you know. We will start developing ZG for Android and we are already listing the essential features. If you want to help, you could submit the request for a specific feature you would love to see in ZG for Android; we will review all the features request and we will consider if and how to implement them.

Stay tuned!

di
di

zgnews?d=yIl2AUoC8zA zgnews?i=ejUITNpas4g:JWBl3hPoWyY:-BTjWOF_DHI zgnews?d=dnMXMwOfBR0 zgnews?i=ejUITNpas4g:JWBl3hPoWyY:F7zBnMyn0Lo zgnews?d=7Q72WNTAKBA zgnews?i=ejUITNpas4g:JWBl3hPoWyY:V_sGLiPBpWU zgnews?d=qj6IDK7rITs zgnews?d=l6gmwiTKsz0 zgnews?i=ejUITNpas4g:JWBl3hPoWyY:gIN9vFwOqvQ
ejUITNpas4g

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Accedi per seguire   
Seguaci 0