Accedi per seguire   
Seguaci 0
staff

4.0 - Ip.downloads Category Management

1 messaggio in questa discussione

Copying Settings

Sometimes you need to change the same setting across multiple categories. For example, let's say up until now I've not allowed comments on files and now I want to enable it for most categories. In IP.Downloads for 3.x, I'd have to go into each category one by one and toggle the setting on.

In 4.x, when editing a category, each setting has a "Copy" button next to it, when opens a window asking which categories to copy that setting value to, so I can make the change to one category and then copy it to others (or all) quickly.

This feature is also available when editing things in other applications, such as forums in IP.Board or products in IP.Nexus.

New Settings

We've moved some settings which were previously global settings into per-category settings to give you even greater control over your community:

• "Require approval of comments"
  • "Log all downloads" and "Prune download logs" - we also added a new per-category setting: "Allow file submitter to view log?"
  • "Allowed file extensions" (this used to be managed using complicated "Mime Type Masks" - now you can just provide the extensions which are allowed in that category, or allow any file type).
  • "Enable versioning control" and "Number of revisions to keep"

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image
  • Attached Image

View the full article

View the full article

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Accedi per seguire   
Seguaci 0